Home » , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 397 -- "Mercy"

Stuck In My Skull 397 -- "Mercy"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, March 28, 2013 | 3/28/2013 08:23:00 AM

Song: "Mercy" || Artist: Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz || http://youtu.be/7Dqgr0wNyPo ||
Comments: Oh, this song. The video is SFW, but the lyrics aren't -- heads up on that one. Musically, the song is pretty interesting. I'm definitely a fan of the minimalist construction of the beat and instrumentation. The intro and bridge vocals are sampled from someone named "Fuzzy Jones" who I've never heard of, but will probably start looking for. I think using that sample in the intro actually works really well, and sets the tone of the song. The video is pretty interesting. The black and white colorization gives the video a touch of class, and the constantly moving camera and the constantly-reappearing artists gives it a touch of class. I'm not a fan of the lyrics -- braggadocio really does nothing for me -- but the song is still pretty good. I'm always entertained how tracks like this generally feature rappers bragging about their foreign-made items -- Swiss watches and foreign cars seem to be a favourite. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment