Home » , , , , , » ETC #70 "Si Te Vas" and "Escondite Ingles"

ETC #70 "Si Te Vas" and "Escondite Ingles"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 | 3/26/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Si Te Vas" ~ Artist: Shakira



Comments: Hey, everyone. I apologize for the lack of posting on Friday. Things have been crazy for me. And I apologize for any lack of posting this week in advance even though I'm not planning on missing any. I figured I would bring to you some songs by a popular artist, but some of her old music that you may not have heard before. This first song ("If You Leave") is a favourite of mine of Sra. Shakira off her album Donde estan los ladrones. It has an upbeat tempo to lyrics that are not so happy, and it just makes me want to get up and dance. The tune is one that I remember being stuck in my head for days at a time. And furthermore, this live performance, especially at the end, shows off her voice and the power that she really has. Her singing is actually comparable to what she sounds like on the album unlike some other artists who sound absolutely terrible live of who I will not name here. 


Song: "Escondite Ingles" ~ Artist: Shakira


Comments: The second song "English Hide and Seek" from her album Fijacion Oral is one that starts out slow, but quickly speeds up and the entire way it doesn't necessarily show off the range of her voice, but it certainly does show the power and control she has by quickly switching between sweet and soft to deep and powerful. Unfortunately, neither of these songs have English versions. Usually on Tuesdays I pick songs that aren't in the spotlight for artists and usually the ones that have English versions for Shakira are her singles and that isn't even always true.  Either way, I hope that you all enjoy having a little bit of Shakira to shake up your Tuesday morning and I highly encourage you to listen to some of her late 90s music because it is just as good  and as much pop as her current stuff just more Spanish.  Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment