Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 391 -- "Amazing"

Stuck In My Skull 391 -- "Amazing"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 | 3/12/2013 08:34:00 AM

Song: "Amazing" || Artist: Kanye West feat. Young Jeezy || http://youtu.be/PH4JPgVD2SM ||

Comments: If you asked me a year or two ago, I would have told you with a straight face that I don't like Kanye West or his music, period, with maybe possibly a single exception for his mix of the Daft Punk song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" -- because that's how I would have described the song "Stronger" at the time. I certainly wouldn't have many nice things to say about Young Jeezy, if I even knew who he was. Now, I've had a bit of a turnaround. 808s & Heartbreak might be one of my favourite albums of all time (though I'm still fuzzy on Young Jeezy). "Amazing" is the third single of 808s & Heartbreak, and according to Wikipedia, it actually charted before being released as a single. I'm not surprised, though -- the song is certainly catchy enough. It has a reflective tone that I don't usually associate with Kanye, and I don't really see in him outside of this album. Also, I really enjoy the tribal-sounding percussion in this song, and throughout the album as a whole. Apparently, Hype Williams directed the music video released for this song, which did surprise me. I associate Hype Williams with flash, colour, and in-your-face effects -- see the video to "All of the Lights" (epilepsy warning!) for a good example of this. Perhaps I should look him up, since he seems to be here for the long haul. (After reading up on him, I realize I need to pay more attention. He directed the video to "Viva la Vida"! Apparently he's up there with RedOne -- always there, not always mentioned...)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment