Home » , , , » ETC #67 "Scars"

ETC #67 "Scars"

Written By Anonymous on Thursday, March 14, 2013 | 3/14/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Scars" ~ Artist: Papa Roach


Comments: Hey, guys. Happy Thursday. It's hard to believe that the week is almost over already.  I came across this song years ago just as I'm sure many of you all also did. However, hearing it recently brought about a couple of things: 1) a lot of nostalgia and 2) a new respect for the song and the lyrics after seeing the video. The music video does an interesting twist by showing the girl as the alcoholic instead of the male. After listening to this song again I have a new take on the lyrics and I find that this epiphany of sorts is to be expected with more age and experience and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has had this experience before. This song also provides a nice mix of pop and rock music for me. It's a happy medium between the two with a easy pop beginning and chorus with some inserts of harder guitar (see the bridge at 2:30). I have to say it leans a little more pop than the latter (at least for this song), but I still like to think of it as a nice combo.  And after doing some reading I didn't realize that these guys have recently (within the year) still been producing music. I might have to take a stroll through a new CD...Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment