Home » , , , » ETC #63 "Sail" and "Jump on My Shoulders"

ETC #63 "Sail" and "Jump on My Shoulders"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 | 3/05/2013 03:30:00 PM

Song: "Sail" ~ Artist: Awolnation



Comments: Hey, guys! Sorry for the delay today. Things have been crazy and I haven't had sufficient time to write this until now. So, the story goes: I was out at a club, heard this song, and thought about how much I needed to look up this group. They have a different sound than I'm used to. They have a rock sound, but mixed with a bit of electronic and this song in particular reminds me of dub step. (Though I'm not sure that it would fall into that category. That would be a question for fellow writer, Christopher.)  I love that this song comes full circle, by starting and stopping with a slow, tapped tempo, but then continues to really bring out the electronic side of this group. I listened to many of their other songs and this is still by far one of my favourites. 

Song: "Jump On My Shoulders" ~ Artist: Awolnation


Comments:  While listening going on an Awolnation binge I came across some weird songs, some slower songs, and this one in particular that caught my ear. It has more of a pop feel with a little less techno feel, but it still has this upbeat tempo that makes me smile. The lyrics really are not the happiest thing, but you wouldn't know that by the beat. I don't know how else to describe this song. While listening to this live version, I'm not sure that this lead singer should maintain in his higher register for any extended period of time, but still good song. Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment