Home » , , , , , » ETC #69 "Heartlines" and "Leave My Body"

ETC #69 "Heartlines" and "Leave My Body"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 | 3/19/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Heartlines" ~ Artist: Florence + The Machine


Comments: Happy Tuesday, all! So I'm bringing a little Florence into your Tuesday. I have had the album Ceremonials on loop for the last couple of days. I didn't realize that there were six singles off of this CD.  The most famous one you all are probably familiar with is "Shake It Out" which is a great inspirational song (and an interesting yet visually striking video).  I fell in love with several of the songs.  This album has been out a while and even though there are several singles I have to admit only hearing one of them so far on the radio which is really disappointing because they're all very good. This song in particular shows of some of the range that Florence has and I especially love that she can sing well live! She not only has a beautiful range, but she has power behind her vocals.

Song: "Leave My Body" ~ Artist: Florence + The Machine


Comments: Again, half of the songs on the album so many of my favourites were already taken as I'm trying to not provide singles from the artist featured on Tuesdays. This second song has a mild tempo, yet is soothing and relaxing. Some parts of the words in here were a bit hard to understand so here are the lyrics in case you need them.  All I have left to say (and repeat) is that I just absolutely love this album and Ms. Welch's voice. It is one of the best ones I've heard come on the radio in a long time (not to say that there aren't other great ones of course) and it's something that could rock me to sleep. Happy listening!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment