Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 392 -- "In My City"

Stuck In My Skull 392 -- "In My City"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, March 14, 2013 | 3/14/2013 06:00:00 AM

Song: "In My City" || Artist: Priyanka Chopra feat. will.i.am || http://youtu.be/Zjgq6-5uDtY ||
Comments: Happy Thursday, folks! Today, I'd like to present to you a song you've probably never heard before, and will probably get sick of hearing once it hits radio (which I predict it will). "In My City" is by an artist that hasn't yet broken in the United States named Priyanka Chopra. For a US debut song, she's bringing some serious star power along -- the song features vocals by will.i.am, and has RedOne in it. Nobody really knows who RedOne is, but allow me to point you in the right direction. In "Just Dance," Lady Gaga says his name, not "red wine." Allow me to post a sentence from the Wikipedia article on him: "As a producer and songwriter, he has worked with many other high profile recording artists, including Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, One Direction, Enrique Iglesias, Cher, MIKA, Nicki Minaj,Backstreet Boys and Cali & El Dandee." Any of those names sound familiar? I thought so. In short, RedOne is a big deal, and Ms. Chopra is probably headed for stardom.
So, what about the song itself? Coming from a very, very jaded blogger and radio host whose 'business' it is to know pop music (and be cynical about it) -- it's a very decent initial track. The percussion is fantastic, and was obviously intended for dancing. All in all, well done, Ms. Chopra -- we can't wait to see your album.
Speaking of things I can't wait to see -- I can't wait to see where this site called 'Melodic Music Project' is going. Melodic Music Project was started by a friend of mine from back home, and they've asked me to write a guest entry. Even if they hadn't, I'd still be really excited for this. Bookmark this page, folks -- you'll want to keep up with them.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment