Home » , , , » AMANDA-- "HOLD ON"

AMANDA-- "HOLD ON"

Written By amandathepanda on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 | 3/27/2013 07:00:00 AM


Hey readers. Every now and then when I'm feelin' down, the universe presents me with a song, artist, etc and my day seems to get a little brighter. Often it comes from the most random places and when I least expect it. This is precisely what happened with "Hold On," which I came across in an episode of AMC's The Walking Dead yesterday. This is the first Tom Waits' song I've ever listened to and if it's remotely indicative of his musical style I need to raid his discography. He has one of the most distinctive voices of any musician I've heard, which has been described as sounding "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbonleft hanging in the smokehouse for a few months and then taken outside and run over with a car." Who can compete with that? Apparently he has quite the cult following. Interesting fact: some believe Heath Ledger drew inspiration for his rendition of the Joker from Waits. Anyway, I can't exactly put my finger on what I like so much about this song. Maybe I just needed to hear those words.  I hope you enjoy it too. Happy listening.

\
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment