Home » , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 378 -- "Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix)" and Grammys

Stuck In My Skull 378 -- "Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix)" and Grammys

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, February 11, 2013 | 2/11/2013 06:00:00 AM

Song: "Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix)" || Artist: Nero || http://youtu.be/VZMfhtKa-wo ||

Comments: Things I could call the Grammys: That Show Where Half the Cool Stuff Happens Off-Camera; The Show Where Skrillex Won a Bunch of Stuff; Falling in Love with Juanes Singing to Elton John in English; So Much Fun.; The Revenge of the Soft and Pop Rock Genres...
But really. Black Keys, Lumineers, and Mumford and Sons are all great, but sound more alike than I care to think about, and got heavily awarded. On the other hand, Juanes doing a bilingual take on "Your Song", dedicated to Elton John. Oh dear me, that was magnificent. Anyway, quite a bit was done off camera, so you should definitely go look at the complete list of categories and winners.
Skrillex's album Bangarang did quite well, and beat out quite a bit. The song "Bangarang" took best dance recording, which surprises me to no end. For one, I wasn't aware it was 'dance,' but that's to be expected out of the Grammy Foundation, who I find to be very broad in their interpretation of genres. What also surprised me was that the song beat out "Don't You Worry Child" by Swedish House Mafia and that mega-hit "Levels" by Avicii. The EP Bangarang beat out >Album Title Goes Here< by Deadmau5 to my very great surprise. In the remixes category, I was mildly surprised that this song won, but I think the field was weak -- the only decent competitor to it was Tommy Trash's remix of "The Veldt." Admission of bias: I love Deadmau5. But then, I'm a Skrillex fan too, so I digress.
Anyway, this song took the best remix category, and you should give it a listen. It sounds nothing like the original song, and I am in love with this brave new interpretation of the track, and how the ybring out the vocals is just perfect. Skrillex and Nero, well done, and congratulations on your insane success at the Grammys. Deadmau5... we love you too, even if the Grammys don't!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment