Home » , , , » AMANDA-- "HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME"

AMANDA-- "HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME"

Written By amandathepanda on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 | 2/20/2013 08:43:00 AM

Hey readers! I'M BACK! As much as I enjoyed my short break, it's good to be writing again at Stuck In My Skull. Today I've got something a little different for you all: a swinging jazz cover of Britney Spear's beloved pop ditty "Hit Me Baby One More Time."I heard this sometime in December but promptly forgot the name of the artist and spent the subsequent weeks trying to find it on the interwebz with no avail. A couple days ago I finally managed to track it down and here we are! In contrast to the original, its slow and sultry, the perfect music for cuddling up to your sweetheart or having a romantic spin around the dance floor. Ms. Spears isn't exactly known for her lyrical genius, but here her lyrics work really well. This is an excellent cover by a talented but relatively unknown group called the  Sidewalk Strutters, "a dynamic, superbly entertaining group of musicians who come together to play music in the style 1930s and 40s traditional jazz." I hope someday soon they will get the recognition they deserve, especially their fabulous vocalist Sasha Masakowski. These guys aren't even on Youtube yet so I've provided the link below which will direct you to the singer's website  where you can listen to the song and hear more of the Sidewalk Strutters. Happy listening!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment