Home » , , , , » ETC #60 "Out Loud" and "Elias"

ETC #60 "Out Loud" and "Elias"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 | 2/26/2013 07:11:00 PM

Song: "Out Loud" ~ Artist: Dispatch



Comments: Hi, guys. I hope your week is off to a good start. The group that I am sharing with you today I heard for the first time recently and fell in love with them. This song was the first I had heard and I've put it on loop because I love the slow and relaxing tone of the vocals. The lyrics and the tune is quite simple, but there's something about it that makes me want to continue to listen repeatedly. Perhaps it's because I lack this kind of sound in my music collection that makes it appealing. I did a little reading and apparently this band has been out a while so I've got lots of catching up to do.  This particular song can be found on the album Gut the Van. If you want to do some reading here's the wiki

Song: "Elias" ~ Artist: Dispatch
http://youtu.be/MCPv__vgB74 ~



Comments: This second song was one that caught my attention while I was listening to a bunch of their songs.  It is from their album Silent Steeples (1996). It begins out with some foreign language, that I have to admit I'm not sure which it is. Anyway, this song was written by Chad Urmstom after his experience working with the Elias Fund in Zimbabwe.  This song is a bit long, but it has a fun and catchy beat. I love the use of the drums and the acoustics in this song. I hope this band brings a little something new into your library. Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment