Home » , , , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 401: Songs Revisited, Part 2 -- " Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Tiesto Remix)"

Stuck In My Skull 401: Songs Revisited, Part 2 -- " Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Tiesto Remix)"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, April 15, 2013 | 4/15/2013 05:00:00 AM

Songs Revisited, Part 2 || Song: "Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Tiesto Remix)" || Artist: Motorcycle || http://youtu.be/rv3EY4k3yrY ||
Comments: Hello everyone, and welcome back! Please forgive my conspicuous absence last week -- I was incredibly and wretchedly sick. But, I have at long last begun to fight off the cold and clammy embrace of my feverish captor, so let the music continue! This track is suitably warm and a cool blue sound, and I can't get enough of it. Featured all the way back in Entry 1, it's been a long time since I played this track. And I have learned a few things since I wrote that sparse description back in the day. For one, I just learned that Motorcycle is actually the illustrious electronic duo Gabriel and Dresden joined by vocalist Jes Brieden. Thank you, Wikipedia! I've joked for ages that electronic music has simultaneously the best and worst naming practices ever. Electronic music loves to actually tell you exactly what mix of whose song you're listening to, but sometimes it gets out of hand. While not as bad as some songs I've seen, the title of this track is the name of a little known group, then the track name, then the remix artist and remix name. Oh dear.
While the nomenclature might be confusing, there's nothing confusing about this track. It's the calmest, most relaxing trace track I know -- vintage Tiesto at his finest. Jes Brieden's vocals are beautifully layered over a classic kickdrum beat in the 130-140 BPM neighborhood, with some of the most relaxing synths I've ever heard. This song is seriously like warm cuddles to my ears, with a familiarity and warmth that flirts with the border of sensuality. There is precisely nothing wrong with this track. I love it. It does, in fact, 'embrace me' and 'surround me as the rush comes.' Check it out!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment