Home » , , » ETC #76 "Creek Mary's Blood"

ETC #76 "Creek Mary's Blood"

Written By Anonymous on Thursday, April 11, 2013 | 4/11/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Creek Mary's Blood" ~ Artist: Nightwish


Comments: Hey, folks. It's almost the weekend. Wow, this week has gone quickly... Anyhow! This song begins out with slow and powerful vocalizations and then moves into a kind of majestic rhythm.  Before you know it the tempo has progressed into a head banging beauty. The song as a whole is lacking when it comes to lyrics, but honestly it doesn't need them. The use of electric guitar alone is enough to captivate the attention of the crowd and when you add in the striking drums and the intensity of the piano things come together wonderfully.  I have to admit that I'm a little bias towards the flute (?) instrumental in here, but I really do think that it adds a certain touch that helps it stand out from the other songs on the album. Because of the operatic sound of Tarja's voice and the little bit of foreign language in the song here are the lyrics/translation for your enjoyment. Side note: I really love this group and they are amazing live. I don't know why I don't use them more often, but this song got sat aside for a rainy day. (The irony here is that it is actually raining outside as I write this.) Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment