Home » , , , » AMANDA-- "SACRILEGE" by YEAH YEAH YEAHS

AMANDA-- "SACRILEGE" by YEAH YEAH YEAHS

Written By amandathepanda on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 | 4/03/2013 07:00:00 AM

Hey all! My sincerest apologies for not posting last Friday. Things happened and I was tied up for most of the day. Hope you're having a good week. Mine has gotten considerably better since I found out that the Yeah Yeah Yeah's have a new single out and that their album will be released on the sixteenth of this month. That is music to my ears quite literally. What can I say about "Sacrilege?" Well, for starters it has one hell of a video (Warning: NSFW). The lovely Lily Cole, British actress and model, plays a seductress in a small town who is *spoiler alert* captured and burned alive for her sins. The backwards progression of the video and the storyline itself are incredibly interesting. Thematically, I'd say it's one their best songs even without the video, though it certainty adds a layer of drama and intensity. What has kept me listening to this over and over again is that scintillating guitar, and Karen O's ethereal vocals. Did I mention the track features a gospel choir? Perfection. Enjoy!


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment