Home » , , , » ETC #78 "Taking Over Me" and "Fallen"

ETC #78 "Taking Over Me" and "Fallen"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 | 4/16/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Taking Over Me" ~ Artist: Evanescence

Comments: Hi, everyone! Forgive me, but I will be making this a short posting. Back when I was terribly musically ignorant I remember not realizing that this group was metal or even rock of any kind. The only songs that I realized they sang were "Bring Me to Life" and "My Immortal".  Since then I've obtained one of their albums and fell in love with it. This song in particular I really enjoy because it has an amazingly seering electric guitar in the background, quick and strong drums, and in some parts it quiets down just enough to really show off the vocals. 

Song: "Fallen" ~ Artist: Evanescence


Comments: This second song really isn't slow per se, but there's something that I like about it. I can't put my finger on it, but there is a relaxing piece to it for me. Perhaps I'm just weird, but I put this on my playlist to fall asleep. The bridge in this song is absolutely amazing. There's nothing better than someone who can rock a guitar solo. The song title is also the title of the album that both of these songs come from and their probably best known hits that I mentioned in the previously. I'm a bit surprised that this wasn't also released as a single or at least had a music video. Either way, happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment