Home » , , , » ETC #72 "Hello, Hello" and "Set Me on Fire"

ETC #72 "Hello, Hello" and "Set Me on Fire"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 | 4/02/2013 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Hello, Hello" ~ Artist: Missy Higgins


Comments: Heeeeey there, listeners! So, I came across a new Australian artist recently and she is absolutely wonderful! Miss Higgins has an angelic voice and a wonderfully soft, yet powerful range and sound. She has 3 albums the earliest being released in 2004 and her most recent was released last year. I have put that on my list of CDs to obtain because I have done nothing except listen to it for the last two days. It was incredibly difficult to pick a song, so what I did was pick ones that had official videos. While many of her songs are mellow and have a medium tempo this song is one of the faster ones. It's catchy and I'm replaying it in my head as I write this. I will say that this has a bit of a strange music video, but it's at least entertaining. 

Song: "Set Me on Fire" ~ Artist: Missy Higgins


Comments: Her songs use a beautiful combination of typical piano, guitar, drums, but also trumpet and cello. I really like this song because it has a bit of a swinging beat; it makes me want to dance and sing along. And it the chorus also shows off some of the range in her voice. If y'all are liking this fabulous foreigner there is a full concert on Youtube that is excellent (from what I've listened to so far).  She sounds just as beautiful live which is a hard quality to come by sometimes. Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment