Home » , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 420 -- "Get Lucky" [Pop Week II]

Stuck In My Skull 420 -- "Get Lucky" [Pop Week II]

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, May 31, 2013 | 5/31/2013 06:04:00 AM

Pop Week II || Song: "Get Lucky" || Artist: Daft Punk feat. Pharell Williams || http://youtu.be/5NV6Rdv1a3I ||
Comments: It is Friday! Congratulations on surviving the week! Just finish out today, and you're in the weekend! To help you through the day, I give you this song. I've seriously been looking forward to today all week just so I could use the song. In fact, this song is the reason I wanted to do Pop Week II in the first place: It reminded me that pop can be good. And seriously, this song is amazing. First, let's talk vocals. Pharell Williams is great. As is my habit when I don't know much about an artist, I go read their Wikipedia page -- he has had quite a career. My first exposure to Pharell Williams was in the track "One (Your Name)" by Swedish House Mafia, in which he provided vocals. Honestly, I wouldn't have recognized him if I hadn't already been aware he was in this track. I know he's got a good vocal range, but he sounds completely different -- he has a completely different style in this track. And what a style it is, flowing perfectly with the funky, guitar-plucking, disco-esque feel of the song. And on that note, this song is something else. Trust Daft Punk to mix it up and go disco. Pharell's vocals dominate most of the song, but Daft Punk's signature vocoder vocals do make an appearance in the last minute. According to the Wikipedia page about the song, "Upon hearing "Get Lucky", Pharrell remarked that the music evoked the sense of being on an exotic island during a "peachy color[ed]" sunrise." I find myself agreeing completely. If you haven't noticed yet, I love this song. Check it out!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment