Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 408 -- "Don't You Cry"

Stuck In My Skull 408 -- "Don't You Cry"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, May 6, 2013 | 5/06/2013 08:16:00 AM

Song: "Don't You Cry" || Artist: Kamelot || http://youtu.be/crZ3OMS-fBU ||
Comments: Hello, everyone, and happy Monday! Or at least, try to have a happy Monday, because there's really no sense hating Monday just for the sake of it being Monday. Mondays happen, weekly, and if they didn't, then Tuesday would be the new Monday. Point is, wasting energy hating Monday is well, wasting energy.
Today's song was stuck in my head last night as I was trying to get some work done. I actually ended up listening to the album this track is from -- their fifth album Karma -- on repeat something like six or seven times. It's a great album, if you haven't heard it. It encompasses a well-executed range of tempos and levels of intensity, with some surprisingly pretty and quiet songs such as this one. The song "Ne Pleure Pas" is included on some releases of the album, and as best I can tell, seems to be the same song sung in French. Roy Khan was still the vocalist on this album, and his voice reminds me why I originally fell in love with Kamelot. (The fact the songs "Karma" and "Forever" are on this album also helps; They were among my first Kamelot songs I really listened to.) As far as the album goes, the notes on Wikipedia confirm my suspicions about this song's relation to "Ne Pleure Pas," and are pretty interesting. About the song itself, it's very pretty, and definitely worth a listen. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment