Home » , , » ETC #92 "I'm Moving On"

ETC #92 "I'm Moving On"

Written By Anonymous on Thursday, May 23, 2013 | 5/23/2013 07:00:00 AM

Song: "I'm Moving On" ~ Artist: Rascal Flatts


Comments: Hey, everyone!  Today's post is an "old" single by Rascal Flatts from back in 2001. Right, so stuff is about to get a little personal. The song I have to share with you today is one that I haven't heard in a while, but while listening to a best hits album by Rascal Flatts this song almost brought me to tears and yet, made me proud of where I'm at.  I've been battling depression since about September of last year and this song really touched my heart. Everyone has had a hard time before and can relate to the feeling of being down and rebuilding themselves up and "I'm Moving On" has the lyrics to explain it perfectly (well, at least for me anyway). Aside from the goose bump, beautiful lyrics the song brings in some subtle, yet soulful and staccato violins along with what I believe is a mandolin. The combination of these strings and the piano create a tune that is swaying and relaxing. The voices provide a nice play off each other.  There are a couple places where the voices harmonize and the relatively small range really adds to the softness of the song. I think that this would be beautiful in an acapella with more harmonies.   Sorry to rant on for so long. If this song touches you like it did me, just know that things will get better. <3 Happy listening.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment