Home » , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 411 -- "Space Oddity (Chris Hadfield Cover)"

Stuck In My Skull 411 -- "Space Oddity (Chris Hadfield Cover)"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 | 5/14/2013 07:00:00 AM

Song: "Space Oddity" || Artist: David Bowie || Covering Artist: Chris Hadfield || http://youtu.be/KaOC9danxNo ||
Comments: Good morning, everyone! First, a little bit of housekeeping. As I alluded to in Monday's entry, I recently did some travelling. I'm going to do my level best to keep a consistent schedule of posts going up, but unfortunately, I'm in an earlier timezone now. This means my posts might be going up a little later in the day. I'm still going to try to make this a breakfast blog, though. In fact, I'm writing this entry while eating breakfast (leftover lasagna, yummy!).
Right, the song. If it wasn't clear from the video, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield covered the David Bowie song "Space Oddity" and made a video of himself doing it... aboard the International Space Station. Is that not epic? I confess I actually prefer this cover. Perhaps it's just because I heard Chris Hadfield's version before I listened to David Bowie's original, but I definitely prefer the cover over the original. (Yes, I'd never heard the original song before today. Yes, I know. There are some serious holes in my musical education.) Chris Hadfield actually has a pretty nice voice, and his accoustic guitar playing skills definitely appear to be up to snuff. I suppose it's possible that the original track was used and he's just pretending to play guitar in zero-gravity, but I don't think so. I mean, I've seen Chris Hadfield be pretty active in answering questions and doing science experiments (here's a good example: link), so I don't think he'd really be the type to fake it. But I'm getting off track. The song is good and the video is pretty cool too. Check it out!

Random thought: Randall Munroe -- the guy who does the comic xkcd -- determined that by most sane criteria, this is not the most expensive music video produced. His logic is explained here.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment