Home » , , , , , , , , » [Secret Sounds] ~ Seven Lions - Days to Come feat. Fiora (Culture Code Remix)

[Secret Sounds] ~ Seven Lions - Days to Come feat. Fiora (Culture Code Remix)

Written By Relinquish on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 | 1/23/2013 08:24:00 PM

Track: Days to Come ft. Fiora (Culture Code Remix)
Artist: Seven Lions
Download: FREE

    This song is the very definition of "stuck in my skull." In my veins. In my bones. This song infiltrated my existence two months ago and has not let up. This song has echoed in my sleep. This song has changed my worldview, struggled through trials with me, and has influenced my life decisions.
    This song is Days to Come by Seven Lions, and the especially beautiful remix by Culture Code. This track served as the subject of a recent Beatport contest; such contests are trending because they are an excellent way to promote both the original tune and new artists who work hard to really show their stuff in the remix contest. Culture Code is one such duo who have tried their hands at several remix contests to build a fanbase before producing their own tracks; their first original was released this month. Kudos to both Seven Lions (with Fiora) and Culture Code for the transcendence of this track.
    The tune is both ethereal and structured. Fiora's soprano vocals in the heart-rending harmony splits never overpower throughout the song, but rather give an almost ghostlike feeling. Later, piano chords usher in the muffled vocals, which gradually come into focus as if waking from a dream. This builds to a huge drop which doesn't let you smack into the ground, but rather gives you a parachute as you float through the endless blue sky of the melody. The masterful work with the reverb and mixing of the vocal lines carries the song from start to finish through the buildup, the turns, and the climax. The traditional 120BPM heartbeat of dubstep serves as palatable structure for sustained strings and vocals--the rolling vicissitudes of this raw, human sound.
Quietly, I'll keep you close to me...
Quietly, I can feel you in my dreaming...
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment