ETC #38 "Achy Breaky Heart" 90's Week

Written By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 | 1/02/2013 12:00:00 AM

Song: "Achy Breaky Heart"
Artist: Billy Ray Cyrus
Link: http://youtu.be/byQIPdHMpjc

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc]

Comments: Hey all!  I hope you enjoyed your New Years yesterday.  And yes, I am really using this song. I have to admit to the nostalgia that comes along with this one. I am not afraid to admit to my singing and dancing to this song around my grandmother's house as a small child.  Aside from that, this is still Billy Ray's most well known song and where he crossed lines of country and pop music by hitting #4 on the Billboard chart.  Even if you don't like the song please take a second to watch the video and appreciate how very 90s it is.  He's rockin' the mullet, there is something jean everywhere, and there is a woman wearing a bra and a jacket.  The other song that I was going to share with y'all today was "Should've Been A Cowboy" by Toby Keith.  This is another classic country song that I'm sure majority have heard or at least heard referenced at some point and if you haven't the video is hilarious and I encourage its viewing.  A couple of random comments to make to y'all.  First off, be prepared for a double feature on Friday. I'm being terribly indecisive because there is so much great music from this decade and so I'm providing two songs on the next entry.  And the other thing is that I am contemplating going to daily entries and if any of you have a preference please let me know.  Anyhow, happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment