ETC #41 "Renegade"

Written By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 | 1/09/2013 12:00:00 AM

Song: "Renegade"
Artist: Styx
Link: http://youtu.be/rkGQGz7dvTs

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkGQGz7dvTs]

Comments: Hey there listeners.  Today, I am bringing a little bit of rock into your Wednesday.   To quote Maroon 5 "One more stupid love song I'll be sick," and this was a song that caught my attention earlier this week. The song starts out a bit slow, but there is nothing sad and depressing about this song. The Styx managed to pull off a song about a man running for his life and telling it all to his mother without it being, how do I put it...melancholy?  Anyhow, the guitar is amazing in this song and coming from this band is to be expected.  I have to admit I did a little background reading on this song, because I don't know much about the Styx.  It was released back and '79 on their album Sing for the Day and is apparently a very successful hit of theirs that I just haven't heard.  Now, the video that I have linked on here is a bit long because it's from one of their performances and includes slightly more than just this song. I picked it because it had pretty decent sound quality and is much more interesting to watch than a lyric video.  Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment