Home » , , , , » AMANDA--"GEEK U.S.A" by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS

AMANDA--"GEEK U.S.A" by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS

Written By amandathepanda on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 | 1/15/2013 02:00:00 AM

Hey readers. Over break, I had A LOT of free time at my disposal and, as you could probably guess, I spent much of it listening to music. One of the better discoveries I made (apart from anything from the Les Miserables soundtrack) was the Smashing Pumpkins' second album Siamese Dream. I found it in its entirety online and listened to it from beginning to end. The experience was highly enjoyable. As a self-proclaimed Pumpkins' fan, I have no excuse for not seeking out this record before. Anyway, this track caught my attention right away.First of all, I myself have geeky tendencies and many geeks for friends so I appreciated the name. To my ears,  it sounds more metal than some of their other songs, most notably the excellent performances on guitar and drums. The overall progression and pacing are interesting as well. Enjoy!


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment