Home » , , , , , , , » ETC #45 "Silencio" and "Vuelvo a ti"

ETC #45 "Silencio" and "Vuelvo a ti"

Written By Anonymous on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 | 1/22/2013 08:00:00 AM

Hey, folks! I hope your week is off to a good start. As Christopher mentioned yesterday, I am doing a new schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.  On Tuesdays I am going to be bringing you multiple songs (probably two) rather than just one. Why? Because, why not?  I'm calling it Two Timing Tuesday as I will be bringing you double the number of songs.  Now, whether or not this is going to be a consist theme, artist, etc. has yet to be determined. For right now, it is not going to be anything set, but that may change and if it does I will let you know.
Right, so now to get to today's blog.  I did say that I was going to bring around some variety for today's post. Even though this is still pop music I am delivering some Spanish.

Song: "Silencio" ~ Artist: David Bisbal 


Comments: Ah, David.  How we love, thee.  I went on a binge with this artist the other night so you're getting a double dose of him today. This song was something that I came across when I first started listening to Sr. Bisbal. It was one that became a favourite and was stuck in my head frequently.  This artist is well known in Spain and so don't be surprised if you don't know who he is. Although, rumour has it that he did a song with Miley Cyrus. Anyhow, this song is wonderful, catchy, and so is the video.  I like what he did with the background actions; they are making no noise even when they should (hence the name of the song "Silence").  Just like love, these actions are loud and powerful and if you read the lyrics this is what is killing him.  The chorus reads: silence/ eternal and deaf just like the memory of love that you gave me/ silence, so big, so empty, and dead/ as it burns this pain in my body/ as this silent love hurts.  Here are the full lyrics

Song: "Vuelvo a ti" ~ Artist: David Bisbal Ft. Chenoa ~ http://youtu.be/GGYEPyGyUhY ~





Comments: Here's another song from David. I don't have too much to say about this one. However, it does show off his vocals in more of a ballad form then a lot of his other songs.  Chenoa I haven't heard much from, but she also does a fantastic job with her voice in this song.  The chorus here reads: Through the desire that never ended/ through that time that was for two/ I go back to you, dying for your love/ by the illusion that still beats between you and I/ your bitterness is lost in the innocence/ I return to you, dying for your love/ dying for your love.  Here are the full lyrics.  Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment