Home » , , , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 351 -- "Scream and Shout"

Stuck In My Skull 351 -- "Scream and Shout"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, December 24, 2012 | 12/24/2012 12:00:00 AM

Song: "Scream and Shout" || Artist: will.i.am feat. Britney Spears || http://youtu.be/kYtGl1dX5qI ||

[youtube http://youtu.be/kYtGl1dX5qI]

Comments: Happy Monday, folks! Let me preface this commentary by saying watch this video. Some of my comments might sound a tad negative, but watch the video. That being said, this song confused me. I feel as though will.i.am is still exploring his style as a solo artist, and this video feels like he was trying to go more hiphop than electro or pop. The iconography in the video seems to reinforce this. But I can't really look at this song and say "Oh, will.i.am just wanted to go hiphop," because he didn't. There are so many styles in here, that I really can't figure out what he was trying to do. But the glory of will.i.am is that he still managed to make the song sound good. And say what you will about his music, but he knows how to make a visually striking music video. As for Britney... why does she sound British? And is it just me, or is she channeling Dev?

Enjoy the song!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment