Home » , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 345 -- "Give Me Novacaine"

Stuck In My Skull 345 -- "Give Me Novacaine"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, December 13, 2012 | 12/13/2012 02:06:00 AM

Song: "Give Me Novacaine" || Artist: Green Day || http://youtu.be/ZKAwIwjHwZI ||

[youtube http://youtu.be/ZKAwIwjHwZI]

Comments: Late post, but better than no post. I really do have to apologize for the inconsistent pattern of posts lately. Life has been a little (that's an understatement) crazy lately for all of us. I promise things will get better soon.

Anyway, the song. I haven't listened to this in months, but when I woke up this morning, it was stuck in my head. I And hey, it's not electronic music, the streak is broken! I first ran into Green Day back in middle school, years ago when bashing US President George W Bush was still popular. The album American Idiot was one of the first bands I'd ever gotten into that was at all political, and while it didn't directly or immediately inform my political views, it definitely opened my eyes a bit. I mean, it might be crude, but "Holiday" makes a point. If I recall correctly, it was years later -- after this album fell from popularity -- that I really started to shift my politics, long enough that I feel comfortable saying American Idiot helped, but was not the cause. Oddly enough, the two memories I have of this song/album are completely normal (for me, anyway). I remember playing videogames to this track and "Are We the Waiting", and bringing a portable CD player in the car when I was out with my parents so I could listen to the album. Oh well, enough biographical rambling. Enjoy the song!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment