ETC #22 "God Gave Me You"

Written By Anonymous on Monday, November 26, 2012 | 11/26/2012 12:00:00 AM

Song: "God Gave Me You"
Artist: Blake Shelton
Link: http://youtu.be/nCf2PoTuh4Q

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCf2PoTuh4Q]

Comments: Good Monday morning, all.  I hope that the week is going to start off well for you. I am bringing this song to you today because as I was going through a list of songs that I wanted to share I realized that many of them had already been used.  I was going through some country because it hasn't been used in a while and remembered that I have been meaning to use this song. It is a beautiful song and while I always think about it in the relationship that I have with my boyfriend and the relationship we have the video does a good job of putting this same theme in other perspectives (i.e. a mother and her child, a doctor and their patient).  What I just found out while doing some searching is that this is actually a cover of the Dave Barnes' version, a contemporary Christian artist.  It's amazing the difference in views on the same song.   They both scored similarly on the Adult Contemporary Billboard, but Blake's version did superior in his respective field than Dave's.  I hope you all appreciate the second version I've provided just as much as Blake's because both of them are excellent. Happy listening!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment