Home » , , , » AMANDA-- "LANDSLIDE" by FLEETWOOD MAC

AMANDA-- "LANDSLIDE" by FLEETWOOD MAC

Written By amandathepanda on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 | 11/27/2012 01:00:00 AM

Hello all! As a child, my mother fed me a steady diet of classic rock, metal, and r&b. I have her to thank for my diverse taste in music and so I'm dedicating this song to my loving, supportive mom. At an early age, she instilled in me a love for Fleetwood Mac, especially the incredible Stevie Nicks, who wrote "Landslide." The song's  lyrics have always resonated with me although they mean something a little different now that I'm older. In my mind nothing tops the original, what with  the tenderness and frailty in Nick's singing and the use of both acoustic and electric guitars, but I was impressed by the Dixie Chicks cover on their 2002 album Home. Both versions are worth checking out. Enjoy!





Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment