Home » , , , , , , » Entry 252-- "Mad World"

Entry 252-- "Mad World"

Written By amandathepanda on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 | 7/24/2012 12:06:00 PM

Song: "Mad World"
Artist: Tears for Fears
Comments: Hello all! Amanda here! When I woke up this morning, I honestly had no idea what I wanted to write about but my love for eighties music pointed me in the right direction. "Mad World" may sound familiar to you. A cover by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews appeared in the cult film Donnie Darko, gaining the song a second wave of popularity. Though released decades apart, both are great in their own way and make an interesting observation about the world we live in. I chose the original because I think it’s significantly less well-known among younger generations. I myself had never heard it before today and couldn’t believe how different it sounds. My own reaction to hearing the synthesizers and strong percussion surprised me. Having heard the Jules version first, which always makes me sad, I didn't expect it to sound so upbeat. The video is odd but good. I don’t know how to describe it except to say it's very eighties. I recommend checking out both versions. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment