Home » , , , » Entry 251-- "We Run the Night"

Entry 251-- "We Run the Night"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, July 23, 2012 | 7/23/2012 05:00:00 AM

Song: "We Run the Night"
Artist: Havana Brown (feat. Pitbull)
http://youtu.be/NenYxo0ko10 (Original, 2011)
http://youtu.be/AP4dnGkZne4 (2012, feat. Pitbull)
Comments: In writing this entry, I couldn't decide which version of this song to use, so I used both. That being said, I have a serious bone to pick with the 'Top 40' (pop) stations in my area. This is not "We Run the Night -- the new Pitbull song." First, it is Havana Brown featuring Pitbull, not the other way around. Second, this was a perfectly good (I'd argue better) song before RedOne had the bright idea to make a new version of it featuring Pitbull. He, and to a lesser extent RedOne, have both begun to annoy me. Having lately seen this image floating around Facebook, I've begun to realize how little Pitbull puts into his songs. Also, he personally annoys me in this song by announcing himself and RedOne, but not Havana Brown, a little-known artist who could greatly benefit from the fame. As to RedOne, I'm beginning to feel as though his songs are a tad over-produced. Anyway, the original by Havana Brown is excellent in its own right. You should definitely give it a listen. And next time your radio tries to tell you that "We Run the Night" is the new Pitbull song, you can smile and think you know more than the DJ. Happy Monday!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment