Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 449 -- "Global Concepts"

Stuck In My Skull 449 -- "Global Concepts"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, August 15, 2013 | 8/15/2013 06:25:00 AM

Song: "Global Concepts" || Artist: Robert DeLong || http://youtu.be/nnSyu4eZkZ4 ||
Comments: Good morning everyone! Since Amanda covered the new Lady Gaga track yesterday and I wrote about the new Katy Perry song on Tuesday, I'm going to step back from pop for today's entry. Let's talk about Robert DeLong. Until fairly recently I'd never heard of him. I remember hearing a remix of this song once, but never got around to looking it up and never heard the original version or who the artist was. A week or two ago, however, I ran into this track, and it's been creeping its way into my head ever since. It's masterfully produced, bringing an excellent drum-powered rhythm to the song without relying on the house favourites like the kickdrum excessively. Robert DeLong's vocals and the downright funky synthesizers put a great spin on this track, and the chorus is incredibly catchy (but carries a mild language warning): "Did I make money, was I proud? / Did I play my songs to loud? / Did I leave my life to chance? / Or did I make you f***ing dance?" (lyrics) I also love that he picks up a Nintendo Wii controller in the video -- according the Wikipedia entry about him, he uses video game peripherals fairly frequently. I love it. I can't get enough of this track. Check it out!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment