Home » , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 442 -- "Gun"

Stuck In My Skull 442 -- "Gun"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, August 1, 2013 | 8/01/2013 08:25:00 AM

Song: "Gun" || Artist: CHVRCHES || http://youtu.be/ktoaj1IpTbw ||
Comments: Hello, everyone! Sorry about missing Tuesday's post. To make up for it, I'll attempt to do one tomorrow. I promise, I'm doing my level best to get back on a regular schedule for posting. Moving right along, let's talk about this song. I heard it for the first time last week on BBC Radio1's "Dance Music Marathon," then I heard it again the other day when DJ Abso-Newt-Ly posted a mashup of this and an Ellie Goulding song on his blog. I figure it's time to get on the bandwagon, and talk about CHVRCHES. Pronounced "Churches," this is a group that I've never heard of before, although I don't know why. If this song is typical of their music, they're excellent. This Scottish group puts the pop back in electropop without sounding overwhelmingly electro, and does a magnificent job of creating a track that will appeal to a wide range of tastes. Their album is set to release in September, and I'll probably buy it based on the strength of this track alone. CHVRCHES has found a great balance between organic-sounding vocals and a well-mastered and multi-layered synth line. Aspiring artists, take note -- if you want to emulate a style, you can't go wrong with CHVRCHES.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment