Home » , , , » AMANDA-- "APPLAUSE" by LADY GAGA

AMANDA-- "APPLAUSE" by LADY GAGA

Written By amandathepanda on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 | 8/14/2013 10:11:00 AM

Good morning everybody! Hope your day is going well. Mine is in part because Lady Gaga's newest single "Applause" has just hit the airwaves. This, along with latest from Katy Perry, was leaked by fans a few days ago, prompting the artist to release the official song earlier than scheduled. I'd be lying if I said I was immediately taken with it. It's no secret that Gaga envisions herself as an artist and arbiter of culture but here she seems to take her ridiculousness to new found levels. As the song title suggests, she needs only to hear the applause of her fans and gives little thought to what critics have to say about her or her music. I'm not entirely sure I'm buying what she's selling. Also, while I enjoy the chorus, some of the lyrics, in true Gaga fashion, are rather puzzling. Furthermore, "Applause" is not her strongest work to date but it has piqued my interest in her next album ARTPOP, which comes out in November. A lyric video is currently in the works so keep an eye out for that in the next week or so. Happy listening!

Update: you won't have to wait any longer for the lyric video. It's out and features many fabulous drag queens, which I so approve of. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment