Home » » AMANDA--"Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" as performed by the TheUnsungHeroine

AMANDA--"Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" as performed by the TheUnsungHeroine

Written By amandathepanda on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 | 10/16/2012 02:00:00 AM



Hey! This week my column more or less a has theme. Both today and Thursday I'll be sharing what I consider to be excellent covers. A friend and I recently bonded over a violin cover of the 80's hit "Come on Eileen" and it got us thinking about how silly and unfortunate it is to write off an entire genre or artist. A truly great cover can put a whole new spin on the original and even inspire an appreciation for it that wasn't there to begin with. In an attempt to prove this point, I have chosen songs from two genres that tend to be very polarizing: dubstep and rap. I know many people who generalize negatively about these types of music and dismiss them accordingly. They may have valid criticisms or complaints but I still think it is unfair to judge any one artist or genre without having thoroughly explored what their music has to offer.Today's song is a brilliant piano cover of Skrillex's "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" that comes from a talented young artist on Youtube who goes by the username TheUnsungHeroine. This is one of many of the classical covers of modern songs on her page and I think it highlights the beautiful musical qualities of the original quite well. Check it out!





Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment