Home » , , , » AMANDA-- ENTRY NO.1: "SKYFALL" by ADELE

AMANDA-- ENTRY NO.1: "SKYFALL" by ADELE

Written By amandathepanda on Monday, October 8, 2012 | 10/08/2012 03:44:00 AM

Hello and happy Monday! This is the first post of my very own column (as yet nameless). Not much is changing around here but you can now expect to see entries from me on Mondays AND Fridays. I will continue sharing things that catch my eye or move me, which brings me right to today's song. Last week the theme for the upcoming James Bond film Skyfall was released in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of the franchise. And boy oh boy was it fantastic.

The lovely Adele was  chosen to do the vocals for the track and the perfect pick in my book. She teamed up with the producer of her hit song "Rolling in the Deep" to make one of the best themes I've heard in recent film and tv history. The twenty something English soul-singer joined the ranks of iconic musicians  like Paul McCartney, Carly Simon, and Shirley Bassey who have lent their talents to the music of James Bond films, an honor certainly not wasted on her.

Music has been always been a essential part of my James Bond experience, as  memorable and exciting as the tux, the gadgets, and the women. "Skyfall" is an excellent addition to the Bond soundtrack collection. It eloquently teams  Adele up with a full sweeping orchestra and both deliver flawlessly. For most of the song, Adele's sings rather reservedly, saving up her raw emotion and power for an epic, soulful conclusion.This theme has gotten me more excited for the newest installment in the Bond series, which I didn't know was possible. Even if it weren't connected to the movies in any way, I think I'd still love it. Enjoy!




Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment