Home » , , , , » Entry 292-- "Look At Me Now"

Entry 292-- "Look At Me Now"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 | 9/18/2012 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Look At Me Now" || Artist: Chris Brown feat. Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne || http://youtu.be/8gyLR4NfMiI ||

Comments: Good Tuesday morning ladies, gentlemen, and gender-neutral persons! This song is one of those songs that I've flip-flopped on a few times before deciding I liked it. I originally heard this song on the radio forever ago, and thought "what the [censored] is this?" Because, let's face it-- most people have never heard anything like this before. In the long run, I finally decided to give Chris Brown (no I still don't like him for beating up Rihanna, but I try and separate artist and person) the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trying for minimalism, rather than just ended up producing this after sitting down with Garage Band and a six-pack, as I had originally thought. What this song is, is a well-put together song with an interesting beat, minimal instrumentation, and clever vocals. It dodges the over-produced PILE OF NOISE that is many other songs of the genre and manages to be fairly interesting. As for the video, the choreography is pretty impressive, as is the scenery. Being a nerd, I got a serious kick out of seeing them performing on an NES controller. Enjoy!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment