Home » , , , » Entry 287-- "Gangnam Style"

Entry 287-- "Gangnam Style"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 | 9/11/2012 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Gangnam Style" || Artist: PSY || http://youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0 ||

Comments: Every now and then, I have a moment where I look at what I'm about to write on, and think "I can't believe I'm going to write an entry on this and actually expect to have people take me seriously as a blogger." This is most definitely one of those times. I am aware that PSY probably wants to be taken seriously outside of South Korea as an artist, but he's got an uphill battle. Most Western audiences aren't familiar with K-Pop, and starting with a song like this isn't exactly conducive to taking the genre seriously. The first time I watched this video, I just sat there with my mouth hanging open, too surprised to even laugh. Once I got over the culture shock, though, I have to admit-- the song is well produced, insanely catchy, and so utterly ridiculous you have to smile and shout "oppa gangnam style!" (If you actually want to learn a bit about what all of it means, I recommend the Wikipedia article on the song as a great place to start.)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment