Home » , , , , » Entry 275-- "Promises"

Entry 275-- "Promises"

Written By amandathepanda on Friday, August 24, 2012 | 8/24/2012 07:25:00 AM

Song: "Promises" || Artist: Nero || http://youtu.be/llDikI2hTtk ||
Comments: Hello everyone! Amanda here! Today's pick was not at all what I had in mind for this entry. I intended to do something bluesy but after hearing "Promises" in a HP laptop commercial for the billionth time it finally stuck. Funny enough, I remember watching the music video when it came out over a year ago. From what I can tell, Nero is a dynamic electronic band. Admittedly, dubstep is not my favorite genre. I appreciate the fact that their music sounds more like Daft Punk than Skrillex and I think the female vocals have a lot to do with how catchy and danceable their songs are. Also, Nero seems to be trying hard to make videos that have some substance and tell a story, which I like. They also have an interesting visual style and compliment the music quite well. Enjoy and have a good weekend!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment