Entry 261-- "Radioactive"

Written By amandathepanda on Monday, August 6, 2012 | 8/06/2012 11:45:00 AM

Song: "Radioactive"
Artist: Imagine Dragons

Comments: Amanda here! Sorry for the lateness of  today's post but hopefully this song will make up for it. I'm excited to introduce a new band to the blog: Imagine Dragons, one of the most refreshing musical acts I've encountered in a long time. A couple weeks ago, word of a new study suggesting that today’s pop music is louder, blander, and more unimaginative than ever floated around the web. While I don’t contest that there is a lot of sub-par music out there it seems unfair to generalize about an entire genre, especially one as diverse and ever-changing as pop is nowadays. Imagine Dragons reminds me that modern music isn’t in the state of decline some think it is. There is always great music to be found as long as people are willing to look for it. For me, listening to music is an emotional, subjective experience. My musical tastes aren’t so much rooted in objectivity and it’s hard to quantify why I like this song or what makes it good. No doubt part of its appeal is its infectious chorus and killer hip-hop beats. But it'd be more accurate to say “I feel it in my bones.” Enjoy! 

Edit: Chris here-- it's worth noting this song is getting quite a bit of exposure being featured in an ad for a new TV show ("Chicago Fire") being promoted in NBC's Olympics coverage. Also, we're experimenting with different formatting and templates for the blog. If things look weird, bear with us-- it'll come back to normal (or at least settle on one option) soon enough.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment