Home » , , , » Entry 265-- "Whatta Man"

Entry 265-- "Whatta Man"

Written By amandathepanda on Friday, August 10, 2012 | 8/10/2012 08:45:00 AM

Song: "Whatta Man" || Artist: Salt 'N' Pepa || http://youtu.be/8-WFNbMohTQ [NSFW] ||
 Comments: Hello all! Amanda here! Before there was Lil Kim, Missy Elliot, and Nicki Minaj, there was Salt 'N' Pepa. These ladies were one of the first all-female groups to break into the hip-hop industry and the first female rappers to win a Grammy, accomplishments that I think make them worthy of our time. This song combines their epic rapping skills with the smooth vocals of R&B duo En Vogue, another successful nineties group. I personally love how strong, confident, and not to mention, talented all of the women involved are. As for the song, it’s an unabashed tribute to good men everywhere, a gleeful celebration of  having found those qualities one most seeks in a romantic partner in another person. While I don't agree that "most men are hoes,"I will say that I appreciate the song's honestly and overall sentiment. For its somewhat racy visual and lyrical content, I’m marking this video as NSFW. Anyway, I figured there are enough sappy love songs devoted to my gender so why not show the guys some love today. Enjoy and happy Friday!


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment