Home » , , , » Entry 233-- "Alley Cat"

Entry 233-- "Alley Cat"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 | 6/27/2012 05:00:00 AM

Song: "Alley Cat"
Artist: Seventh Wonder
http://youtu.be/4sRDa-xTfwg
Comments: Oh, this song. I found it yesterday (at time of publishing, two days ago), but I feel like I know it already. I found it while I was looking up the band for the vocalist, Tommy Karevik, recently announced as the new vocalist of Kamelot, my favourite band. "Alley Cat" brings me back to the days when classic rock and metal was produced-- the days when MTV actually played music, days before I and many of my friends were even alive. This song has shredding guitars instead of screeching guitars, comprehensible vocals, solos that are worth something, lyrics that are don't make me cringe. The song feels polished and perfected like it's been around for twenty years-- it has just the right mix of vocals, guitars, drums, keyboards. This song feels done. This song feels right. This song feels good. Check it out. I'll definitely be looking for more Seventh Wonder after this, and despite my reservations when Roy Khan left, I can't wait to hear Kamelot with Mr. Karevik singing.
(By the way, if you want, there are videos of Tommy Karevik singing Kamelot songs on youtube-- some [but few] of them even have decent quality.)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment