Home » , , , » Entry 231-- "The Night Out"

Entry 231-- "The Night Out"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, June 25, 2012 | 6/25/2012 05:00:00 AM

Song: "The Night Out"
Artist: Martin Solveig
http://youtu.be/goKeotF-7nA
Comments: This is my first time writing the blog at 3:48 AM, so if this is incoherent, bear with me. I had a lovely weekend with my beloved (see all of last week), but as I write this, we're preparing to leave for the airport, which is very, very saddening. Anyway, you came here for the music, not my love life. So, the music.
The first time I heard this song, I seriously said "this sounds half-way between MGMT and Phoenix." For that matter, I still think it sounds half-way between MGMT (of "Kids" and "Electric Feel" fame) and Phoenix (popular for "1901"). Thankfully, they're both good bands, and sounding half-way between the two isn't a bad thing. I admit, someone had to send me the video for this before I realized who the real artist was. It would have never crossed my mind to guess Martin Solveig, mostly because all I know of him is "Hello" featuring Dragonette. After this, though, I should probably go look up more Martin Solveig. Anyway. I'm going to set this entry to publish at the usual time, and I'll read it later today. Hope this was coherent!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment