Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 554 -- "Romanticide"

Stuck In My Skull 554 -- "Romanticide"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, October 17, 2014 | 10/17/2014 07:49:00 AM

Song: "Romanticide" || Artist: Nightwish || http://youtu.be/zz_7OCCQlXs ||
Comments: Hello, everyone! Today I've decided to go with some pretty excellent metal. To head off any fan controversy at the pass, let me say this: There are two versions, and long-time die-hard fans are going to give me crap for posting this one. The song came off Nightwish's fifth album "Once" and had vocals by original vocalist Tarja Turunen. That version can be found here. This version is from the DVD "SHOWTIME, STORYTIME" -- a recording of Nightwish's live set at Wacken Open Air concert in 2013. This song, having come from a completely different era of Nightwish, feels vastly different than most of the band's more recent work. If I had to draw a comparison, I'd say it's closest in style to "Ghost River" off the most recent album "Imaginaerum," but the comparison is fairly weak. What I can say with confidence is this song is excellent. I've found myself fairly reserved about the decision to name Floor Jansen as the new vocalist, but this song (and the entire concert, for that matter) puts my mind at ease. My concerns about the overlap in vocal range between Floor and male singer Marco Hietala turned out to be largely unfounded, and the two of them really work well together. For good or for ill, Floor Jansen brings this towards the harder side of symphonic metal, and and this song really epitomizes the shift. It's a great song, so check it out! Have a good weekend, and don't forget to like us on Facebook!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment