Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 552 -- "Silent Waters"

Stuck In My Skull 552 -- "Silent Waters"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Friday, October 10, 2014 | 10/10/2014 08:24:00 AM

Song: "Silent Waters" || Artist: Amorphis || http://youtu.be/tb2gjwq1WXg ||
Comments: Hello and happy Friday, everyone! For today I figured I'd step even further from electronica and talk metal. I ran into this song and band the other day clicking around YouTube, and ended up binge-listening to this band for a solid hour. Amorphis is a little heavier than I usually go for in a metal band, but I have to say that I really enjoy this Finnish group. This song in particular is pretty excellent, and to my ears has a tinge of drone-influenced guitars. Speaking of guitars, the lead guitarist of the group -- Esa Holopainen -- shares a last name with Nightwish founder and keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen, but as far as I can tell the two are not related. Metal is a small world, though, and according to Wikipedia, Nightwish member Marco Hietala contributed backing vocals at various points in the band's career. While the timelines overlap for this song, I don't hear Marco in it, and I suspect he isn't. Regardless of who made it, I really like this song. Give it a listen, and don't forget to like us on Facebook! Enjoy the weekend!

A final note: I'm giving some thought to redoing the website. What do you guys think? Keep the current look, or overhaul it? Let me know what you think!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment