Home » , , , , , , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 553 -- "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" Redux!

Stuck In My Skull 553 -- "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" Redux!

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, October 13, 2014 | 10/13/2014 06:51:00 AM

Song: "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" || Artist: Panic! at the Disco || http://youtu.be/vc6vs-l5dkc ||
Comments: Good morning, everyone! Strap yourselves in tightly, because today we're going way, way, way back. We're going all the way back to Entry 98! Back in late 2011, before I was using this format, before I was using genre tags, before I was embedding videos or even talking about the song of the day. Waaaaay back then, I mentioned this song, and barely said anything about it. Today, that changes.

First, let's talk about the band. I ran into this band many, many years when my friend Katelyn introduced me to them, and since that time they've been sitting around in the back of my head coming to the surface now and again for brief periods. Their history is a bit complicated, according to Wikipedia -- writing their bio here would be a waste of words. The important part is that this band is about as musically diverse as they come, writing songs from such varied genres as emo and electronic, pop and punk. Also, vocalist Brendon Urie possesses one of the most recognizable voices I've heard in a long, long time. I mean, really -- this guy's about as distinct as Matt Bellamy from Muse. He really just has one of those voices that's impossible to mistake for anyone else.

Speaking of things that are hard to mistake, this song. Panic! at the Disco has a way of writing that really stand out from anything else. .If you hear this band come on the radio, you know who you're listening to. That actually happened to me last night -- this song came on, and I knew right away what it was. That's probably because it has a distinct opener that leads to some really compelling lyrics wrapped in a neat package of electronic rock sound. The Wikipedia article about the song describes it 'emo,' 'pop punk,' and 'baroque pop,' the latter of which I admit I had to look up. Despite the subject matter, this song manages to remain uptempo and airy-feeling, a breath of fresh air from the generic love/hate relationship songs that fill the airwaves. This song came out in 2005 and was released as a single in 2006, but despite its venerable age still manages to get stuck in my head. If you haven't heard it before or just haven't listened in awhile, check this song out -- I think you'll like it. Don't forget to like us on Facebook!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment