Home » , , » Stuck In My Skull 454 -- "Power Glove"

Stuck In My Skull 454 -- "Power Glove"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Thursday, September 5, 2013 | 9/05/2013 08:31:00 AM

Song: "Power Glove" || Artist: Knife Party || http://snd.sc/12EY9yF ||


Comments: Good morning everyone, and sorry for the lateness of this post. Today's song is breaking the metal kick I've been on this week before you all get sick of it. That insane dubstep duo Knife Party has this song on their latest EP, and I love it. I think its intro is spectacular, and roughly the first minute would definitely be my intro for a radio show. Aside from the sheer geekiness of the title (referencing a notorious peripheral for the venerable Nintendo Entertainment System), this song feels as though Knife Party is branching out. It still contains their hallmark aggressive synth lines, but the beat feels like a far cry from a traditional dubstep rejection of the classic 4/4 time with emphasized every other beat. It's definitely 4/4, but it doesn't necessarily feel like this track comes off with nearly as much dubstep punch as most of their tracks. Regardless, I love it. I first heard it as the opening to their Ultra Music Festival set, in which this song is used to mind-blowing effect. Basically, this song is awesome, and you should definitely listen. Enjoy the rest of the week, and have a great weekend!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment