Home » , , , » Stuck In My Skull 453 -- "We Are The Others"

Stuck In My Skull 453 -- "We Are The Others"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Monday, September 2, 2013 | 9/02/2013 07:47:00 AM

Song: "We Are The Others" || Artist: Delain || http://youtu.be/5lZGhh41W9k ||
Comments: Hello everyone, and happy Monday! I hope you all enjoyed DJ Abso-Newt-ly last week -- I know I did! Drop us a line on Facebook or comment on this post and tell us what you thought! So, let's talk about today's song. Delain is an excellent symphonic metal band hailing from the Netherlands, created by vocalist Charlotte Wessels and former Within Temptation keyboardist Martijn Westerholt. Delain is an excellent band, though I find they frequently tend to fall closer to progressive metal or even hard rock, which I think this song really shows. The title and the video is a tribute to Sophie Lancaster, who was murdered for being different, and the song really brings home a nice message about inclusion. But even if it wasn't about a subject near and dear to my heart, I would still love this song, because it's just that awesome. Delain is currently touring across the US with Kamelot, and you should definitely check them out. (See tour dates, here.) If nothing else, I saw Kamelot last year when they toured, and can guarantee that the strength of their performance alone is worth the (surprisingly reasonable) price of tickets. I'll be see Delain and Kamelot soon, and I feel quite confident that the show will be excellent.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment