Home » , , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 542 -- "Shatter Me"

Stuck In My Skull 542 -- "Shatter Me"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Wednesday, September 3, 2014 | 9/03/2014 08:18:00 AM

Song: "Shatter Me" || Artist: Lindsey Stirling feat. Lzzy Hale || http://youtu.be/49tpIMDy9BE ||
Comments: Hello, everyone, and happy Wednesday! If you live in the US, hopefully your Labor Day went well. I know mine did! I rather unexpectedly slept in until nearly 11 AM -- a rare treat in my life. To make up for missing Monday, I'm hoping to blow you away with a really excellent song. I'm a bit behind the times with this one so some of you have probably heard it, but I think it's still worth posting. For today, I'd like to talk about the title track and second single from Lindsey Stirling's second album, Shatter Me. It features vocals from Lzzy Hale of Halestorm, and I have to say that they're fantastic. I'd never heard of Halestorm before this, but after seeing this video and watching the behind the scenes videos (yes, plural -- one for the studio and one for the video set), I have to say that I'm definitely agreeing with Lindsey and becoming sort of an "instant fan" of her work. This song is slightly less violin-focused than some of Lindsey Stirling's other hits, but more than makes up for it by putting just the right amount of instrumentation and emphasis in all the right places. I mean, seriously, a violin dubstep drop? I just can't get enough! The lyrics are excellently written -- there's no evidence at all that this is Lindsey's first time writing lyrics. While the drop is definitely Lindsey Stirling's take on dubstep, the rest of the song carries strong pop overtones, and to my ears what is a strong rock feeling, no doubt complements of Lzzy Hale's influence. Call it whatever you want, the song is fantastic and the video is just as good. Go watch it, and remember to like us on Facebook!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment