Home » , , , , , , » Stuck In My Skull 520 -- "Car Radio"

Stuck In My Skull 520 -- "Car Radio"

Written By Christopher Audiophile on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 | 6/11/2014 09:05:00 AM

Song: "Car Radio" || Artist: Twenty One Pilots || http://youtu.be/92XVwY54h5k ||
Comments: Good morning or afternoon, everyone! Today's song is an interesting little number I heard on the radio for the first time yesterday. Created by a Columbus, Ohio-based duo, this song is really hard to apply any sort of labels to -- just look at the labels of this post! Its opening consists of some light instrumentation paired with some really excellent rap. It picks up some additional instrumentation, bridges into a section that reminds me faintly of old Linkin Park, then outtros with opening verses repeated and leaves me really, really intrigued. This duo sounds like nothing else I've heard but liberally blends elements that I love, and leaves me wondering why I haven't heard of them sooner. I looked them up on Wikipedia, and the article about them is informative in the literal sense but doesn't give me much of a feel for who the band really is. They're signed to the Fueled By Ramen record label, so that's probably a mark in their favor. Other artists signed to Fueled By Ramen include Cobra Starship, Fun., Gym Class Heroes, Panic! at the Disco, Paramore, and Travie McCoy, all of whom I like. For that reason, I generally give anything that gets released by an artist I haven't heard of signed to Fueled By Ramen a listen on principle. For what it's worth, I don't generally do that -- I generally don't care a whit about record labels and use them mostly to label and pidgeonhole an artist into a category without having to look them up, but there are a few labels I really enjoy (Ultra, Nuclear Blast, the UKF 'label') and a few more that I actually really respect (Monstercat and some artist-made labels like Deadmau5's Mau5trap, Tiesto's Black Hole and Magik Muzik, etc). Getting back on topic, I've really enjoyed the lyrics so far. I haven't had a chance to sit down and really think about the lyrics yet, but at first glance they strike me as being pretty deep. All in all, I'm pretty happy to have stumbled onto Twenty One Pilots. Give this song a listen and let me know what you think in the comments or on our Facebook page!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment